The committee’s main purpose is to oversee the overall Financial and Administration status of KSB. Its membership is composed of Council members with a sound financial and administration background and an independent member who has skills in finance and audit. The chairperson of the sub committee will be appointed by the members and or the Council and must be members of the council for easy flow of information from the committee and the council.
The Council chairperson cannot be a member of the audit committee.
- Recruit and supervise the internal auditor.
- Meet at least 3 times a year and work with the internal auditor or outsource for internal audit function. Oversee the internal audit function and report to the Council on the outcomes.
- Assess the internal audit function in terms of skills, program of work, action taken on recommendations from audits and relationship with external auditors.
Throughout the year:
- Receive and review reports from the internal auditor on internal audit activities.
- Monitor management’s progress in addressing issues identified and recommendations made by internal audit.
- Monitor progress against the internal audit work plan.
- Ensure the internal auditor has unrestricted access to the audit committee through the chairman of the audit committee.
The Purpose of the Program Development and Fund Raising Committee
This committee is responsible for ovrall program development, public relations and fund raising activities of KSB. Its membership is composed of Council members with skills in public relations, programme development in education and fund raising. The chairperson of the sub committee will be appointed by the members and orthe Counciland must be members of the council for easy flow of information from the specific committee and the council.
Key Responsibilities of Program Development and Fundraising Sub Committee
- Prepare an annual plan for Program development, public relations and fund needs for Councils’ approval according to KSB needs. The plan should include public relations methods, communication materials, events and other fundraising and marketing activities.
- Keep the Council informed about changes on trends that would affect the organisation and the ongoing programs.
- Advice the organisation on program development, PR and fundraising methods
- Oversee the PR ,fundraising and program efforts and review the fundraising alternatives regularly
- Review sources of funding and advice the management accordingly.
- Ensure the quality of KSB’s communication materials are attractive and have a certain competitive edge
- Oversee and advice KSB’s Programs and oversee publications e.g. newsletter and fund raising appeals.
- Submit the fundraising, program and PR budget for Councils approval
- Regularly review the Programmes, PR and fundraising programme on behalf of the Council.
Purpose of the Sub Committee
The committees main purpose is to oversee the overall financial and administration status of KSB.
Its membership is composed of Council members with a sound financial and administration background and staff in the finance department. The Chairperson of this committee will be the Treasurer.
- Advice on the Preparation of annual budgets for Council’s approval.
- Approve overall allocation and disbursement of funds.
- Review quarterly and annual Income and expenditure reports and explain any deviations to the Council.
- Advice the Council and Management on possible investments
- Report to the Council regularly on the status of such investments.
- Advice on the preparation and implementation of the finance and administration policies and procedures.
- Advice on strategic administration issues of the organisation and keep the Council informed regularly.
Purpose of OD and Governance Sub Committee
The committee is responsible for the overall organisation development and Council development. Its membership is composed of Council members who are Knowledgeable in HR/OD and governance.
Membership will be voluntary according to their skills and interests.
The Chairperson of the committee will be appointed by the members and must be a member of the council for easy flow of information. The chairperson of the sub committee will be appointed by the members and or the Council and must be members of the council for easy flow of information from the committee and the Council.
- 1. Carry out regular Council assessment and ascertain the need for additional skills and development needs of the Council.
- 2. Ensure that regular organisational assessments/ reviews are done and implementation of priorities is undertaken.
- 3. Facilitate a conducive and enabling organisational culture.
- 4. Advice the ED on HRM and HRD issues and policy implications.
- 5. Ensure Personnel policies and procedures are updated and sent to the Council for approval.
- 6. Oversee and advice on the preparation of staff policy manuals for Councils approval.
- 7. Keep the Council informed about any changes in the legislation on labour laws.
- 8. Review KSB committees TOR.
- 9. Support in the identification of potential Council members and key staff when need arises.
- 10. Support the development of the organisation induction plan and orientation programme for the Council.