A member receiving a lifetime membership certificate
- Members have a voting right during Annual General Meetings (AGM) and have a management say on KSB governance and programme matters
- Members receive a membership certificate that have profiled many to obtain foreign visa; jobs
- Members receive a copy of the Annual Report with narrative and financial analysis
- Members receive subsidized in Eye Care and Optical services and may benefit from occasional free gifts
- Members have opportunities to participate in Charity Events like mountain climbing; Golf and Fishing
- Members have an opportunity to sponsor, interact and mentor children with visual impairment.
- Members get opportunity to contribute or even present academic journals in international
- Members get opportunity to draft feasibility documents and memorandums that can be presented to
policy makers on issues touching persons with disabilities and visual impairment
- Ordinary/Annual Members mobilizing 5 Life Members get opportunities to become a Life member.
- For Life Members, mobilizing 5 other Life members within 12 months get a Free Ticket for a Golf dinner
party at no fee.
- Members get opportunity to serve as volunteers in several areas including sharing on KSB events and
get recognized for their efforts in KSB’s Annual Report.
- Members can also organize for an event (eg. Blind Walk & hiking) and get full blessing from KSB for
their inputs and efforts.
- Life Members can do a proposal under the umbrella of KSB and directly benefit from such an initiative
once the proposal get funded. You also run the project with guaranteed supervision.
- Members who are Children with Visual Impairment get sponsorship opportunities for special schools,
High school, Tertiary colleges including University
- Members also get KSB’s recommendation letters in various institution and organizations
- A Membership certificate will be issued to all Corporate Members.
- Acknowledgement as a member in the Kenya Society for the Blind (KSB) Annual Report.
- Recognition as a member on the Kenya Society for the Blind website.
- Receive invitations to Events (e.g. Breakfast Briefings, AGM etc). Corporate members will be given the
opportunity to showcase their products and services to all attendants at events on request.
- Opportunity for KSB to offer half-day free Eye screening and advise of your staff at no cost.
- Opportunity for a representative of your organization to carry and make presentation of assistive devices
to the needy learners with children with visual impairment from KSB.
- Opportunity for members to give talks to KSB staff about their products or services and for KSB to give eye
care talks to members.
- Receive regular and up-to-date information about KSB activities through Eyesight magazine during the
- KSB will offer subsidized rates for eye check ups to all Corporate members’ staff. KSB can also organise an
Eye Testing clinic at subsidized rates to be held at Corporate Members premises once a year on request.
- Opportunity for Corporate Members to get involved in the work of KSB and by taking part in campaigning
or staff volunteering as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy. (Any photographs of
participation in KSB activities can be used by members).
- Open invitation for Corporate Members to bring visitors to KSB for an overview of work carried out by the
- Opportunity for Corporate Members to nominate a representative to become a KSB Council member
during the KSB Annual General Meeting (AGM)