The committee is responsible for the overall organisation development and Council development. Its membership is composed of Council members who are Knowledgeable in HR/OD and governance.
Membership will be voluntary according to their skills and interests.
The Chairperson of the committee will be appointed by the members and must be a member of the council for easy flow of information. The chairperson of the sub committee will be appointed by the members and or the Council and must be members of the council for easy flow of information from the committee and the Council.
1. Carry out regular Council assessment and ascertain the need for additional skills and development needs of the Council.
2. Ensure that regular organisational assessments/ reviews are done and implementation of priorities is undertaken.
3. Facilitate a conducive and enabling organisational culture.
4. Advice the ED on HRM and HRD issues and policy implications.
5. Ensure Personnel policies and procedures are updated and sent to the Council for approval.
6. Oversee and advice on the preparation of staff policy manuals for Councils approval.
7. Keep the Council informed about any changes in the legislation on labour laws.
8. Review KSB committees TOR.
9. Support in the identification of potential Council members and key staff when need arises.
10. Support the development of the organisation induction plan and orientation programme for the Council.